Through targeted advocacy, the KRDA will strengthen its efforts to protect against BRAC and Stealth BRAC, and will proactively seek to bring new DoD missions to Fort Knox
Tactics / Notes:
The KRDA is the lead advocate for Fort Knox with Congressional leaders and senior Department of Defense officials.
KRDA staff will:
- Meet regularly with Kentucky’s Congressional delegation and senior Army officials to collaboratively shape legislation and the next round of BRAC.
- Meet regularly with senior state leaders to collaboratively shape state legislation and policy benefitting Kentucky’s military installations.
- Collaborate with the Kentucky Commission on Military Affairs (KCMA).
Retain / Attract / Recruit
KRDA will proactively work to:
- Retain existing missions.
- Identify missions / functions (in particular, large missions) that could be done more effectively and efficiently (cost savings) at Fort Knox, including “Joint” commands that complement recent mission changes on the installation.
- Recruit these missions to Fort Knox in collaboration with local and state partners:
- governments / governmental entities
- chambers of commerce
- economic development organizations