The KRDA will explore and pursue opportunities for area governmental entities and the private sector to partner with Fort Knox to the benefit of all parties.
Tactics / Notes:
The KRDA will:
- Collaborate with Fort Knox Garrison Command and regionalpublic / private sector leaders to:
- Identify opportunities for Fort Knox to access government and business resources outside the installation.
- Identify opportunities for local governments and area businesses to access resources on Fort Knox.
- Assist in developing advantageous partnerships built around the sharing of resources.
- Help Fort Knox, local governments, and area businesses realize potential cost savings.
- Support Priority 1, making Fort Knox more attractive for additional missions (units, assets).
- Determine potential partnership opportunities for Fort Knox, host communities, and area businesses:
- Shared use of Godman Airfield infrastructure, services, and improvement costs.
- Lease agreements for underutilized facilities on the installation.
- Arrangements between the installation and its host communities for the provision of basic municipal services.
- Land use agreements with the installation and regional businesses.